Friday, March 23, 2012

layout: summer camping

I finished the last camping layout using an older starting point by Shimelle. I liked this one because I got to use up a lot of the camping paper that I had left over.  I am definitely going to use this one again; it is a great way to use up some of the pretty paper I had to have.


I cut into the border strip paper and used that instead of trim.  I also didn't use any embellishments on this because I thought the different types of paper was enough.

This layout also marks the first time I machine sewed on a layout. I used my old machine that doesn't like fabric anymore. It likes paper just fine though, so I suppose it still wants to serve a purpose.  Here is a close up of the stitching, it went all around the papers. Not too bad for my first time, I just need to keep up with my machine, some of the stitches ended up too close together while others were just right. Must practice more. :)


Supplies: paper and journal spot, Imaginisce. stickers, Basic Grey. font, Cafe Rojo, KevinandAmanda.com. Silhouette

7 comments:

  1. THis is a great take on this starting point!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your design looks great. I love how clean it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute layout! The sewing looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout I love the little bear images! Love Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted to drop by to thank you for visiting my blog and leaving your sweet comment. By the way I love your scrapbook page. We love to camp too and traded in our truck camper for a trailer. We took it out for the first time in Jan and love it. Many happy trails to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome layout and congrats for doing your first machine stitching on paper. I'm still too skeered. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin