Thursday, April 12, 2012

layout: happy easter

I made this layout before we went to Dallas. I just didn't have time to post it which is good because now I have something to share with you today, an Easter layout from a couple of years ago.



I made this 2 page layout using some long forgotten Easter paper. So long forgotten that I hadn't cut into it yet. What is cool about the paper is that the bunnies are flocked. I then added some green and pink scraps.

Here is a secret about my pink scraps....they are baby girl themed. I decided to use them because I have had them for a very long time and they were the right shade of pink.


Realistically speaking, when was I going to use them? My youngest baby girl is now a teenager. I had sponged some white ink on the papers to try to cover some of the baby words. It didn't work out but when the layout was done it is hard to tell unless you are really paying attention.

Here is a close up of one of the embellishments. This one and the pink arrow had glitter on them and it was hard for me to photograph in the big picture.


Supplies: bunny paper, journal spot and acrylic embellishments, Making Memories. paper, Jillibean Soup (green floral), 7 gypsies (pink text) and We R Memory Keepers (glitter Easter theme). stickers, Basic Grey.

7 comments:

  1. Great job for using up some older paper! Your layout looks great. You are right - no one will pay close enough attention to see that the paper is baby girl. It goes so well with the rest of the layout, you were right to use it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful layouts. I have some older Easter paper I am going to be using as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Love that bunny paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Turned out great! I would have totally used that pink paper too - it works perfectly!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you used the baby paper -- just tell your dd's it was your last chance to use it, lol. Babies and chicks and eggs -- all good for Easter. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin