Wednesday, July 24, 2013

layout: magic kingdom, part 1

Yesterday, I started working on our 2009 Disney trip for the kids' albums. This is the first of 3 layouts about the Magic Kingdom. I thought I would share the why behind some of my choices. This first layout is made with scraps except for the background paper...obviously. :)



I started by choosing a blue background paper. I pulled out several pieces of paper and chose this striped paper. Then I pulled out a piece of cloud paper and a piece of grey paper from the scrap bin. While looking through the scraps, I found the green strip with the words celebrate on them and I knew I had to use it.

I chose the journaling card because it went well with what I had going on, but then felt that I needed to add some pink. So, I tucked some strips of pink paper under the layers and added the heart die cut. The pink also went well with my daughter's pink shirt.

The title is in green to tie the green scrap together. I also used a light green chalk ink to stamp the date.

Supplies: paper, Echo Park, My Minds Eye, SEI and KI Memories. Journal card and heart embellishment, My Minds Eye. Border punch, Martha Stewart. date stamp, American Crafts. Font, Waltograph

2 comments:

  1. Super cute layout! Love the color choices, Linda! I have a 2010 trip yet to scrapbook. I know the feeling! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin